Saturday, August 4, 2007

Homemade Root Beer/Root Beer Float



The time-honored concoction of sarsaparilla, ginger and other roots is captured in this intense concentrate that’s back for a limited time. Make your own glass of root beer :




Ingredients

Start by making a concentrated root beer syrup:

1-3/4 cups sugar

2-1/4 cups water

2 tbsp Watkins Root Beer Extract

Cooking Directions

Root Beer Syrup:
Combine sugar and water in small saucepan; heat and stir until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature; add Root Beer Flavor and mix thoroughly. Place in well-sealed container and keep in refrigerator.

Root Beer: Place 1/3 cup of the syrup into a glass. Add 5 fl. oz. of club soda or sparkling water. Fill glass with ice. Enjoy!

Note: This makes a light colored root beer. If desired, you can add liquid caramel color if available in your area.


Root Beer Float: Float a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a mug of root beer.

( If you want to lighten up on the calories, use frozen Cool-Whip instead of Ice Cream.....YUMMY!)

Root Beer Extract—LIMITED TIME!


1 comment:

One Wacky Mom said...

Mississippi Songbird,
I didn't know you were over here. This is sooooooo cool! Especially for someone like me who cooks once a week (Sundays is at best my day) hubby cooks during the week cuz I'm working!

Wow......I love this. Also I'm techno challenged and couldn't find where to put a comment on your post on the other blog!

I"m going to link in here on Murphy's Law...hope you'll do the same. This is good for me to click and cook on Sundays!!

Do me a favor and leave a comment on my most recent post so I can remember to write about this blog on my next series of Recent Discoveries!